We are recruiting a Senior Lighting Artist to take on a leadership role in creating exceptional environmental lighting at our client's studio in Wisconsin USA. The studio consists of a multi-disciplinary team creating map and game content.
- Create realistic, calibrated, and high-performing lighting for our large open-world maps.
- Work with our Senior Rendering Engineer to proactively fix and improve our lighting and rendering
- Collaborate effectively with art direction and design to preserve their vision, from concept to completion.
- Use your experience to find creative and technically-sound ways to raise the quality of our lighting and materials.
- Work effectively with all members of the team, sharing development knowledge and developing best practices, and mentoring more junior developers.
- 6 or more years of demonstrated experience creating realtime lighting for games.
- Experience shipping games on Xbox or Playstation platforms.
- Great knowledge of physically based rendering (PBR) and lighting
- Expert level understanding of material authoring for physically-based rendering pipelines
- Extensive knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- Expert level understanding of global lighting, color grading, and post effects rendering.
- Experience with Substance, DaVinci Resolve or other color grading tools a plus
- Deep understanding of composition, color theory and lighting.
- Ability to take direction well and provide constructive and well-articulated feedback to improve art quality
- Competitive compensation
- 100% family coverage of medical, dental, vision insurance
- Competitive amount of Paid Time Off for all employees
- 401K match, covered life insurance
- Video Game Budget of $300/year
- Tasty catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- Free parking downtown Madison, WI
- Gaming industry incentive trip after your first year paid for by the company
- Lots of Swag including Loot Box drops, free game play on Steam & monthly company rumbles
- Team outings and events throughout the year