As Senior Core Engine Programmer you work on new, possibly proprietary tech or extending existing engine/middleware.
Research & Development
- Research, define, extend, and maintain processes, and workflows.
- Design software architecture meeting requirements, detect problems, determine best solution, evaluate existing solutions or implement custom solutions.
- Determine priorities for what to spend effort on and when.
- Implement breadth-first, for stability, flexibility and speed.
- Develop in a DOD opposed to OOD way
- Design for one approach covering many requirements rather than many implementations each covering little requirements.
- Work close with other developers to ensure smooth integration.
- Participate in high-level discussions about the interaction between code, content creation, and Q/A.
- Identify and communicate risks and issues.
- Guide, and assist programmers of all experience levels
- Eagerness to unblock colleagues by picking up unfamiliar tasks
As an experienced programmer, this role demands the willingness to take on a broad variety of challenges, find customized solution, an ability to quickly switch focus between tasks, and the capacity to maintain good lines of communication, discussing complex issues at differing levels of abstraction. Collaborate in making plans and driving them to timely completion. Exhibit pragmatic long view of systems to propose and guide necessary improvements. Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code.
- Minimum of 8 years of professional programming experience
- Advanced proficiency in C/C++.
- Excellent software design and architecture skills (DOD, ECS)
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Professional experience demonstrating proficiency in algorithm design, understanding of complexity, and software architecture and design
- Willingness to re-evaluate known approaches in favor of improved solutions
- Solid understanding of mathematics
- Self motivated for getting to best result possible
- Experience integrating / adapting 3rd party technologies.
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Prioritize finding the best solution before convenience
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent formal qualification) in a relevant field (or equivalent experience).
- AAA / console game development.
- Additional programming languages like Python
- Proficiency in documentation and communication.
- Experience with GPGPU
- Experience working in diverse, multinational teams.
- Practical experience using a variety of modern game engines and tools.
- Experience in developing proprietary, real-time, interactive, 3D simulation systems.