Are you looking to collaborate in a multidisciplinary team to implement engaging game features and systems for our groundbreaking VR games and experiences? Do you want to be responsible for parts of the technical core of our games and experiences?
Are you comfortable cooperating closely with our creative team to deliver the very best? Do you like mentoring other programmers to get the best out of them?
Do you know how to dive into a large codebase to track down that tiny detail that has caused a big issue, were you won’t stop until it has been found, to the delight of your fellow team members?
Is C++ your main programming language, because the full control of it really gets you excited and are you equally passionate about the triple AAA potential of the Unreal Engine?
Then we are surely looking for you!
- To stand at the core of larger game features or system’s design and implementation, working closely together with the tech lead to make it fit the complete codebase, working closely together with the designers to identify the technical constraints based on their creative guidance and working closely together with our core tech team so all our projects can benefit from shareable technology
- To use your knowledge of C++, object orientation, design patterns, algorithms and data structures to create solid technical designs and efficient implementations of these game features and systems
- To adapt and expand upon our studio pipeline and coding standards to create spectacular and immersive games and experiences
- To constantly take performance into account so our games and experiences can keep running at a smooth 72+ FPS, even when rendering to both eyes and using the latest and greatest mobile hardware to do so
- To analyze problems and debug them in order to quickly locate and fix challenging bugs
- To guide and mentor less experienced programmers so they can quickly improve within the studio
- You have written a number of games and or hobby projects in C++ and have a great understanding of all the basic concepts of the language like the object oriented approach, pointers and references, containers, inheritance, polymorphism, functions, structures, visibility, etc. ;
- Next to that you also have good understanding of some of the more advanced concepts like smart pointer types, templates, multiple inheritance, overloading, etc. ;
- You have created multiple (hobby) projects using the Unreal Engine providing you with good understanding on creating blueprints, optimizing code through usage of C++ and the Unreal pipeline;
- It is a clear bonus if you have already worked in VR
- You are creative and technical at the same time;
- You have good communication skills and are thus able to work together with designers to setup and implement specific game features for a project;
- You are able to write quality code, that is maintainable and extendable and test and bug fix this code in order to fully finalize a game feature;
- Specific knowledge on consoles, mobile platforms are preferred;
- You are passionate about game design and you love to create new things;
- You are comfortable with working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- You have a very good knowledge of English, both oral and written
For this vacancy we only consider candidates that are eligible to work in the EU (no visa required).
Are you interested and do you fit above profile? We love to hear from you!
We only take your application in consideration when you apply with a CV and motivational letter.