Our client is a leading developer and publisher for MMO's on PC and mobile.
The role on this new game project is an excellent opportunity to shape the future of online service development at the forefront of Unreal Engine 4 & 5 development. Utilising your knowledge of multiplayer and network engineering, you will architect, implement and
maintain the core systems and foundations, enabling fantastic player experiences.
What you will be working on
- You will drive and own the execution of the online services and the resulting experience, ensuring a high level of quality.
- You work closely with other disciplines to ensure that designs and systems are ready for the gameplay and UI teams to integrate and contribute to all aspects of live game service development.
- You will assist in administrating the platform services in collaboration with release management
What core skills and experience you have
- With a solid background in online services development, you have implemented at least one online service (e.g. Xbox Live, PlayStation Network or other) for at least one commercial project.
- You have shipped Unreal Engine 4 projects and have a thorough understanding of the Online Subsystem and associated integrations.
- Experience in administrating the platform services to set up service backends for the clients to use, such as Leaderboards, Matchmaking, etc.
- Proven time management and organisational skills, you can help plan for the project at sprint-level and know how to prioritise your work for maximum impact.
- Comfortable working autonomously, you can get the job done without close supervision and make intelligent decisions with the information at hand.
- You can present ideas clearly and confidently to audiences of all experience levels with excellent communication and presentation skills.
What additional skills and experience you have
- You love multiplayer games, know what makes them work and want to put your passion into making multiplayer games.
- You have worked on console platforms from Sony or Microsoft.
- You appreciate how UI and online systems work together to provide an enjoyable player experience.
What tech stack you will work in
- Windows PC
- Unreal Engine