For an international game publisher, we are recruiting a fully remote art director who will act as an internal consultant on art direction for multiple first party studios.
The Art Director provides overall artistic vision and leadership for his art and narrative team as part of the franchise department. The team is a centralized resource to provide guidance, mentorship and services to our internal studios. Our client is looking for a leader and insightful collaborator who will contribute to project and IP brainstorming sessions, commission outside artists, work with concept art studios, and champion the artistic vision on all levels.
- Champion and create creative direction, visual targets, and inspiration for all aspects of world-building and visual design across multiple settings for digital games.
- Lead a full spectrum of Artists, across multiple experience levels.
- Commission of artwork: identify freelance illustrators and studio partners alike, guide artists, partner closely with our game teams, and maintain healthy relationships with all our partners.
- Lead brainstorming sessions on new concepts, worlds and characters and follow up with plans to make it come alive.
- This role is a mix of hands-on creation and leadership responsibilities.
- Attention to detail, and excellent understanding of the building blocks of creating a comprehensive art styles used within and outside of our games.
- Leadership experience that shows the ability to frame a vision, pitch to executives, and communicate ideas and expertise across teams and subject areas.
- Advanced knowledge in all relevant tools
- 5+ years of visual leadership; you've shipped one AAA title ideally an FPS.
- A portfolio demonstrating previous work is required.