As the Director of Business Development you will broaden current relationships with clients, create new opportunities sourced from your large gaming network, and develop a pipeline of business opportunities. In the office you will be a reliable resource for all employees by demonstrating your expert knowledge and sharing ideas. Outside of the office you will be a strong leader in your field with great communication skills. As an individual you are reliable, a self starter, and trustworthy.
- Primary point of contact for global partners in designated markets.
- Approves and assists with negotiating strategic deals with developers and partners to increase our client's presence in assigned markets.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to grow business.
- Analyzes key partner metrics to understand the health of developer businesses. Based on the metrics, gives direction to the team on any necessary changes.
- Ensure your clients success by interfacing closely with your reports and other departments.
- Create strategy to secure business and close deals.
- Advocate your ideas in a variety of environments while promoting your team members.
- Exceeds expectations by tapping into your digital game expertise and network.
- Provides team with feedback, coaching, and development opportunities to help support the team member’s experience as well as to provide a foundation for professional growth.
- Assists with a variety of projects as business needs dictate.
- Serves as a conduit of information from corporate to the field.
- Navigate shifts and trends to develop plans for a successful future.
- Demonstrate everyday leadership by sharing accomplishments as a team, and inspiring those around you to strive for the best.
Knowledge & Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, or similar field
- 8 + years professional experience
- Have lead teams in the past with successful metrics
- Must have a passion for games and/or prior experience in the game industry
- Strong network of gaming professionals
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Gaming industry knowledge
- Must be able to immediately handle a significant workload and effectively prioritize projects with a high degree of autonomy
- Effective time management skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to travel internationally up to 30%
- Well connected and experienced in the industry, a large network of industry members.
- Experience with an entrepreneurial organization
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple priorities while maintaining a positive, professional image of the organization.
- Define key performance indicators to set goals for and track the performance of our publishing efforts, and help your teams gain and maintain a data-informed perspective on their work
- Need to understand specific client needs and problem solve appropriately.