Acting as the bridge between high-level design goals and specific solutions, Technical Game Designer participate - in collaboration with other specialists - in both the direct implementation of gameplay, and the translation of more complex requirements into technical specifications.
- Take part in the generation of design ideas;
- Drive the development of rapid prototypes;
- Elicit and provide constructive feedback.
- Translate abstract design requirements into succinct technical specifications;
- Assess risks as they relate to design requirements / constraints in cooperation with Production specialists;
- Cooperate with QA to produce robust test cases.
- Implement (and maintain) robust and elegant gameplay systems;
- Adhere (and contribute) to robust design standards;
- Elicit, offer, prioritise, and integrate feedback.
- Contribute to the estimation, planning, and prioritisation of tasks;
- Identify and communicate risks and issues.
- Provide ongoing informal and structured technical feedback to colleagues;
- Facilitate the continued professional growth of fellow team members.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
As a design generalist with a strong technical grounding, this role demands the willingness to take on a broad variety of challenges, an ability to quickly switch focus between tasks, and the capacity to maintain good lines of communication, discussing complex issues at differing levels of abstraction.
- 5+ years technical or game design experience;
- Shipped titles as Technical Game Designer (or equivalent role);
- Strong grasp of text-based scripting (C# or equivalent language);
- Ability to decompose design goals into succinct implementation requirements;
- Ability to operate autonomously in a dynamic environment;
- Willingness to learn new technical skills and techniques;
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
NICE TO HAVE
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent formal qualification) in a relevant field;
- Experience developing large-scale / open-world / sandbox games;
- Familiarity with scripting in a multiplayer environment;
- Experience in related fields / disciplines (eg world design, UI, QA, animation, programming);
- Practical experience using a variety of modern game engines and tools;
- Keen understanding of User Generated Content;
- Working knowledge of Atlassian software development and collaboration tools;
- Experience working in diverse, multinational teams;
- Strong background in mathematics.
Are you interested and do you fit above profile? We love to hear from you!
We only take your application in consideration when you apply with a CV and motivational letter.